Sports Premium money is ring-fenced funding from central government to improve the provision of PE and sport.
Possible uses for the funding might include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- Supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- Running sports competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
- Providing places for pupils on after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs