“ I will show you my faith through my actions”
At St Leonard’s, our mission is to be the best version of ourselves at all times. We achieve this as we learn, grow and shine in the light of Jesus.
It is through His love and teachings that we are able to take pride in our progress, do better than our best, reach our true potential and shine. Our school is a very special place in which love, care and support are central to ensuring excellence for all; both within our school and wider community.
Within the Mission Statement of the school, it makes it absolutely clear that the whole ethos of the school will reflect the practice and traditions of our Catholic faith. Such teachings direct us to believe that we are all “Children of God” and that we live by following the example of Jesus given to us in the Gospels. We aspire to live out these Gospel Values in all that we do to show how Jesus is our guiding light.
This forms the basis for our aims, values and long term developments of the school. The school values its strong links with St Leonard’s Parish through school families, Parish Priest, staff and governors.
We aim to provide within our Catholic ethos:
- A place where Jesus is a constant presence in our lives
- An ability to work together to promote a happy, secure and stable environment in which relationships are cultivated.
- Quality teaching and learning experiences, with high expectations of all staff and pupils.
- The skills to equip pupils to become independent learners
- Equality of opportunity for all to have full access to a broad and balanced curriculum
- Celebrate individual and collective achievements
- A place where everyone feels supported, valued and respected as members of a community
- An environment in which high standards of behaviour, self-discipline and showing respect for the rights and views of others is everyday practice
- Foster teacher, home and pupil relationships, where there is a tolerance for others and an appreciation of each person’s worth.
Our School Council have identified our core values as: