Through the prayer life of our school, we celebrate God’s presence in our lives. We give glory, honour, praise, and thanks to God for being in our lives. Through our words and actions, we explore our relationship with God, made possible through the teachings and sacrifice of Jesus.
Through liturgy and prayer our children and staff will:
- Explore their personal beliefs
- Have the opportunity to pray together
- Take time to reflect on and celebrate life
- Be able to develop an understanding of liturgy and the Word
- Experience the sense of belonging to our school family and the wider church community
Each class has a focal point that reflects the liturgical season. A working wall also echoes the current season and Come and See topic. The children plan and lead liturgical prayer every week and have their own class prayer book. Each class has the opportunity to lead a whole school liturgical prayer, at least termly, and attend liturgy as a class or whole school.
Our School Prayer
As well as using Come and See and Diocesan information and CAFOD, we also subscribe to Ten:Ten Resources for liturgical prayer and living life to the full.